Friday, October 2, 2009

The POWER of NETWORKING

On Fridays, we have to report to the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation to participate in leadership training and other enrichment events. Well, today I was in a rush to get finished because my friend Carlissia, a CBCF intern from Memphis, was given free tickets to attend an African Benefit that was hosted by MAXWELL!!! If you know me, you know that I am crazy about Maxwell. So when her friend gave her two tickets, Carlissia invited me.

I was excited and flattered that she asked me to join her for the $250 per head event. I couldn't complain at all. When I got there, her friend, the one that gave her the tickets to the event, was also from Memphis. So when I told him I was from Pine Bluff, he immediately started talking to me about none other than PJ's. For some reason, I've met many people that have partied at PJs. LOL! Once we made that connection, he took me under his wing and introduced me to every journalist he knew. And I must say, there were many in the building.

One woman I met was the evening, weekday anchor for an ABC affiliate here in DC. She was very nice to me. And once I told her that I'd interned for a CBS affiliate in Bozeman, Montana, she was all ears.

I also met a CNN correspondent that lives here.

Today was the day of networking for me. Because Carlissia was willing to let me tag along, I met people that may be very beneficial to me.

Once the networking was over, the one and only MAXWELL came through the door and though he didn't sing, he was still HOT! ;) He actually has a concert in DC tonight, but I'm not going because I can't afford the tickets. But maybe one day, when I'm established, I will be able to see him again. Plus, I have a date tonight so I'm about to get dressed. Be Safe.

Peace

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, I'm sick with envy! But congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, you need to update...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on all the networking! Go get em' girl!

    ReplyDelete